We feel that no one should be without a complete, radiant smile. And there are a number of viable options available today to maintain radiant smiles with tooth replacement. Today we’re discussing one of those options – dental implant treatment in California.
Dental implants are a phenomenon in tooth replacement technology that utilizes a unique system to secure a new, natural-looking tooth in the open space left by your missing tooth.
The implant itself is a durable, metal post that is inserted into the bone of your jaw, which eventually fuses and becomes the perfect base for a carefully-crafted dental crown that looks like your real tooth. Multiple implants can also be used to replace multiple teeth, making dental implants a very adaptable tooth-replacement option.
Whether you are missing one tooth, several teeth or all your teeth, dental implant treatment in California is preferred by dentists and patients alike. Here are five reasons why.
1. Look And Feel Natural: Dental implants are designed to look and feel like a natural tooth by forming a solid attachment with the bone in your jaw over the course of several months. This is possible because dental implants are made of titanium, which has the unique ability to fuse to living bone.
2. Long-Lasting: While there are many treatment options for tooth replacement, dental implant treatment in California provides a truly dependable, long-lasting solution for restoring a smile. While detachable dentures and bridgework may need to be replaced over time, with proper care, dental implants will never need to be replaced.
3. Bone Loss Prevention: Since your teeth are secured into the jaw bone, losing a tooth means that the jawbone where that tooth used to be now has nothing to support. When a dental implant fuses to the jawbone in place of the missing tooth, the supporting bone will continue to rebuild itself and remain healthy, which won’t be the case with any other tooth replacement techniques.
4. Safe For Natural Teeth: Other tooth-replacement methods can weaken adjacent teeth, but dental implant treatment in California has no effect on the health of the adjacent natural teeth. Dental implants are stand-alone replacements that don’t rely on support from adjoining natural teeth.
5. Easy To Maintain: With dental implants, your oral hygiene routine doesn’t need to be changed drastically to accommodate the new tooth. Simply brushing, flossing, and rinsing regularly will keep both your implant and your natural teeth protected from decay and looking perfect.
We’re experts when it comes to keeping smiles healthy and radiant, which is why we proudly work with so many families to provide dental implant treatment in California. If you want to do something about the open gap in your smile and enjoy a complete set of pearly whites once again, call our office today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you restore your smile!